Sunday, August 9, 2009

Photo Shoot

Some of you that know me know that I dabble in the arts. I am not an artist by ANY means but I really enjoy using my creative side whenever I can. In fact...as a child I went to fine arts camp every summer. I took music (ok...so I kinda went to band camp, ok??) the first year, then took Art, Photography, Drama, and then Art again. If y'all haven't noticed by the ridiculous amount of pictures I take, I like to take a picture now and then.

I blame my dad for this. He also likes photography and its an interest we have in common. I may not be interested in rebuilding a transmission or watching Nascar....but I like to take pictures.

So anyway...I love to play with my Nikon D80 and my favorite subject is my daughter! This week while playing in our couch-less living room (which is actually quite nice...lots of room for Ellie to play!) I took some pictures. I really have no idea how to use my camera but its fun anyway!! OH and I really don't know how to use Photoshop too well either so these are unedited (except a couple converted to black and white). ENJOY!

Ellie climbing over Daddy to get to one of her favorite things...water bottles!!

Laughing at Daddy :)
Pausing from crawling
Hi mom!!
With her prize
Laughing at Daddy again! (She thinks he is the funniest person ever!)
What??
On the move! After Brinkley!

Standing with Daddy
OH and later that day Ms. Quail here let me get super close to her! I did not have a telephoto lens here...I was using my 55mm lens. It is really NOT an impressive picture people...I was just surprised she let me get so close!!
Hope you enjoyed our little photo shoot. Maybe someday I'll be as good as my cousin Jacquie!! ;) (For those who don't know, Jacquie is a photographer. And she is AMAZING!! www.bonviestudios.com)

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Katie

Those are great pictures. Keep them coming. We love it.

GramB

David and Linda said...

Beautiful!

You can learn a lot of the camera's manual. :)

Have you played with white balance at all?