Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A day in the life....

So sorry it has been a while...Last week was just a crazy busy week! This week is my Spring break from work...so I have a *little* extra time. I do have some work stuff to do and of course some school work too...

Anyway I took some pictures of us from last Saturday...a week and a half ago...to show a kind of "day in the life" of this little Yeh Family. I meant to get them last week but today will have to do! :)

Last Saturday was a busy day. Our cleaner came (she usually comes on Fridays) so we got ourselves out of the house for the morning. But first.....


Ellie found Elodia's cool pink broom on the floor and decided to do some cleaning!!


 Then, we started out with some breakfast at Tully's Coffee in Pleasanton....


And of course we caught up on the daily events...


Then it was time to walk around the Farmer's Market!



Ellie had a great time people watching and trotting through the isle! After walking around the market we decided to kill time by walking through downtown and we ran into Auntie Melissa and Cousin CJ having breakfast with their friends!

After a nice walk we headed over to the mall to buy Ellie her first big girl shoes! Ellie LOVES to play with the big kids in our neighborhood and we discovered that she really needed some "play shoes". So we headed to Nordies and Ellie got her foot measured for the first time (size 5 1/2 by the way!)


And then she tried on about 8 pairs of shoes!


And this is not exactly her idea of a great morning activity...but those people at Nordstrom know how to make little ones happy...


They gave her a balloon! Which pair did we pick?? You shall see later...
We went for a walk through the mall and guess who was there? Well the Easter Bunny of course! So mommy stood in the line while daddy and Ellie went off and played with some baby goats.

Seriously. There were baby goats. In the mall.

When it was our turn..I knew Ellie would not have anything to do with the giant scary bunny so I sat with her.





Needless to say...she wasn't THRILLED with the Easter Bunny! ;)

After the Easter Bunny it was about time to have lunch. We were meeting Justin's parents, their friends Donna and John, and their son Mark who is currently working on his PhD in Austin, TX and was home for a visit. Justin and Mark have known each other basically their whole lives...so it was great to see him! We wish his wife Kelly could have made it too..hope we see her soon!

So we met for Dim Sum and let me tell you...this little white blond girl DOES have some Chinese in there! She LOVES Chinese food!




After Lunch we headed home and Ell took her daily nap. The holw family relaxed on the couch while she napped. I LOVE this snuggle time!

After nap we went for a nice long 2 mile walk...which includes this hill...

I

It may not look like much...but it is a pretty steep hill. I go up and down it 4 times in the beginning of my 2 mile walk.

After our walk it was play time! Esella LOVES being outside...especially when the big kids are outside. And sure enough..this day the big kids were having a water fight! So she headed out to play. But first...the winning shoes.....





Pushing her car...a new favorite activity




Um-Oh. Some maintenance is required....




After this we headed in and had dinner...then we all cuddled up together on the couch until miss Ellie went night night. This was a busy day...but is not uncommon in the little Yeh family. These days I will treasure!!! 

Hope you all enjoyed this little post. It took me much longer to post as Dear Esella was having a fit because I said we were all done watching Sesame Street. Ha ha ha. 

Until Later...

1 comment:

Debra said...

Anika didn't like the Easter Bunny either. She handled Santa well, but the bunny is NOT her friend! Glad she's not the only one. LOL