Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Ama!

WOW has it been a while!! We have been busy busy here. I started back to work part time in September, and started back in school so I have just been doing so much I forgot to blog!

I guess a little update? Like I mentioned, I went back to work in September after having 10 months off. I am just working two days a week at a local school district- This is a new job for me. The hours are awesome and the caseload is perfect. I see preschool aged children only from 8:30-1:50! Then I have time for meetings/prep/paperwork. While I am at work, Justin's parents, Ye-Ye and GrandB, watch Ellie, and will also be watching CJ when Melissa (Justin's sister) goes back to work. For the most part, I am enjoying work. I have the CUTEST little ones on my caseload! Including two sets of twins...and one set is identical twin boys! They are seriously the sweetest boys.

OH and you may have caught that I am back in school? After being in school for 8 years you would think I would be done! Ha ha ha. Well, I am working on getting my certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis. I plan to eventually become board certified in this area in addition to my board certification in Speech Pathology. Applied Behavior Analysis is the study of the analysis of a supject's behavior in order to modify it (that is a very simple explanation). It is a very effective method in modifying and shaping the behavior in those with developmental disabilities, especially in Autism. It is an area I have been interested in for a couple years now. I am taking a series of 5 classess to get my certificate. I will be done at the end of June. To begin board certified I also need to get a great deal of supervised hours in the field and take the board exam. SO it will be a while before I am done!

Lets see....Justin continues to work his booty off at his job!! He has been with his company now for 4 years in November. His commute is going well...most of the time it is not too bad.

We are loving our new house and the last week I have been trying to get more unpacked! We still have a few boxes left in the garage.....mostly "office" stuff which I am sure I will be able to purge a great deal! I have been slowly hanging things on the wall....though we still have more things to put up. I just hung up many pictures of our family on the stairway wall. Including pictures from last weekends birthday celebration for Justin's grandmother, Ama.

Last weekend we celebrated Ellie's Great Grandmother's birthday. The whole Yeh Bay Area fam way there. It was a good time. Here are a few pictures from that day...

Ama with her two great grandchildren!! Ellie and CJ
4 Generations....
4 generations.....
Cousins!!!

Ellie sat with her Greatgrandma as we sang Happy Birthday!Well....I think that does it!! I will try to get blogging more these days!! Love you all!!

No comments: